Purpose of the course
To promote Good HR governance practives and strengthen internal HR governance and management that will enable more efficient and transparent HR decision-making and processes, such as corporate compensation, executive compensation, workforce planning, and organization restructuring.
Who should attend?
Board of directors, executive/senior managers, HR managers and practitioners, line managers and supervisors
The HR function has recently taken a seat at the firm’s strategic decision-making table, not simply as a partner, but, more importantly, as player. The objective is to impact the firm’s success by influencing its strategy, culture, and strategic capabilities. Because HR’s fundamental role is to influence behavior in organizations, it requires credible business acumen, as well as adherence to legal and professional/ethical standards
The purpose of the course is to understand current practices, attitudes, and behaviors with respect to legal standards and professional and ethical codes. We will also explore the roles of the CEO, HR leadership, and the HR function in minimizing ethical breaches that have diminished investor and public trust. We hope to shed light on the responsibilities, actions, and risks of the HR function and its leadership now and in the future.
- The program will introduce particitpants to the main aspects of the HCM compliance function.
- It is aimed at equipping compliance professionals with basic technical skills and knowledge in order to achieve the objectives of the compliance function.
- The programme is designed to enhance the students’ understanding of the following topics and to provide them with appropriate principles, standards and guidance on how to operate within these frameworks in multiple industries.Effective compliance is pivotal to organizational success. Pro-active compliance improves productivity and competitiveness and fosters sound relations with regulators. The programme covers methods and processes that will enable compliance professionals to design, improve and maintain a fully coordinated compliance function in line with global best practices.
- The programme is designed to enhance the students’ understanding of the following topics and to provide them with appropriate principles, standards and guidance on how to operate within these frameworks in multiple industries.
Corporate Governance, Risk and Compliance management
- An overview of the compliance risk management process, including identification, assessment, management and monitoring, will be discussed in detail
- Governance of compliance
- Responsibility of management with regard to compliance;
- How to establish a compliance function;
- Roles and responsibilities of the compliance function;
- Fit and proper requirements for compliance officers;
- Independent reviews and how they should be conducted
HCM policy and procedure framework
- HCM policies & employment legislations
- Defining policy, procedure and processes
- The principles, purpose and usefulness of human resources policies and procedures
- Creating a development culture
- Steps in developing policies
- Role and participation of various stakeholders in HR policy development
Creating and sustaining high performance teams
- Key characteristics of a high performing team
- Stages of group development
- Role of team leader in achieving high performance
Psychology of Performance
- Processes underpinning PM – their strengths and pitfalls
- PM’s connection to the psychological contract and engagement
- Motivation theories and understanding individuals
- Building trust and commitment
Aligning employee and organizational goals
- Developing Corporate Goals
- Aligning Goals and Establishing High-Level Metrics
- Cascading Goals through the Organization
- The individual employee goal setting
- Measurement and management of performance components (Quality, Quantity, Timeliness, Productivity, Financial, Cost effectiveness