Organisations are more and more under pressure to comply with an increasing number of external and internal regulations for business governance and must ensure that their processes are running accordingly to requirements of regulations. Therefore business process and regulations compliance analysis, audit and management tasks take very important role in daily operational activities of each organization. In many cases organizations have their business processes specified independently or not specifically linked with regulations, even if business processes are directly impacted by regulations.
This course builds a comprehensive understanding of how to establish process governance with a Attendees will learn a phased approach to adopting BPM Governance including cross-functional management, standardization, alignment, readiness assessment, and roadmap planning. This workshop is based on case studies from real-world experience of early adopters of BPM Governance and Centers of Excellence. It is a business-oriented, overview of BPM Governance providing actionable information for both business and IT professionals.focus on the emerging roles of process owner, process council, and the process office.
- Introduce the broad concepts of BPM Governance
- Understand the value, opportunities and challenges of establishing BPM Governance
- Understand how establishing a BPM Centre of excellence facilitates the introduction and adoption of BPM Governance frameworks
- Explore the best practices for designing and deploying BPM Governance frameworks
Who should attend?
General and senior management, Strategy experts, Strategy managers, Finance managers, Business improvement, Continuous improvement, Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Process improvement, Business excellence managersand others in leadership roles
- Introduction to concepts
- Advanced Process Management Principles
- Process Governance
- Key components
- Success factors
- Governance responsibilities
- Process Governance Models and Structures
- Management and Leadership
- Structures and Practices
- Process Ownership
- Center of Excellence